Monday, February 1, 2010

Cookware & Clinique


Let me start off by saying I am a Clinique junkie...I am also a Bare Minerals junkie, any kind of mascara junkie, lip gloss junkie...you name it I want it or want to try it.
I always go back to Clinique though, I am not sure why, but each time I tell myself (and my recently purchased make-up kit)that I will never stray again. My last big purchase of new Clinique products was in late October, and I fell right into the Clinique lady's hands...and spell. She convinced me I needed to buy all new cleanser, moisturizer, and yellow powder to combat my redness filled, rosacea laden face. I am ashamed to say how much that trip cost. For awhile, I felt like a new woman, a beauty, dare I say, and I received some compliments too. Well, three months later, and the glitz and glamour, so to speak has worn off. The cleanser and moisturizer don't seem to be helping my redness at all, but the yellow powder does seem to conceal it a bit. Long story short, I saw a gal named Brooke Burns on The Doctors tv show recently. I don't know who she is, except she is a pretty mom who is also an actress. She had ideas on saving money in a recession, or whatever, and stated a woman only needs three things in her make-up kit...an eyelash curler, mascara, and lip gloss. So I dug out my old eyelash curler and started using it...what a difference! For now I am going to try this minimalist approach, but I am not sure I will like it. I just bought an extra curler, and a new mascara for my purse (not normally the kind I buy, but I had a coupon!) I will say it makes for a lighter load in my purse, and I feel kinda free and liberated.

I am also feeling free and liberated with the delivery of my new Cuisinart Chef's Classic stainless steel 10 piece cookware set today! No, it's not All-Clad (about 1/4 of the price), but it comes close to it in several performance reviews. If I don't like it, I am sure some kid will be needing it somewhere along the way, and maybe by then I will be able to afford the $$$ for All-Clad.
Here's the christening meal I made tonight!


Pesto stuffed pork chops (from Better Homes & Gardens cookbook)


easy Parsley potatoes


Greek salad with feta and pine nuts


good ole Stove Top stuffing for the teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment