Sunday, January 31, 2010

Chicken Parm and an Ice Cream Cake!



Do you have Carvel? I remember when I first moved to New Jersey in '83, this was a very special treat for us, now I think they are all over the place.




We finally got the snow I've been dreaming about....9.5 inches! woo hoo!


Snow bath... good...she's been stinky lately!


Chicken Parm today! One of the faves here.
Make a marinara sauce.
Today I made it like this:
2TBSP olive oil
1 28 oz can tomatoes, crushed
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, left whole
1 tsp dried basil
Combine all ingredients in a large pot, and simmer for 1 hour...easy peasy.

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Egg
Bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
Parsley
Pound and flatten chicken breasts as thin as you can. I hate pounding the chicken, so I split them down the middle, butterfly style.

Season with salt & pepper, then dip in egg wash (egg & water), then a mixture of half bread crumbs, and half parmesan cheese. Heat some oil (vegetable or olive) in a skillet, then fry the cutlets for 4 minutes per side on med.

Place in a baking dish, top with sauce, and mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and parsley
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, till cheese and sauce are bubbly.



Serve with whatever pasta you like, I used linguine today. I also made homemade garlic bread...slice a loaf of bread in half down the middle. Mince 2 cloves of garlic, and sprinkle on both halves, spread with softened butter. Broil until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment