Saturday, January 16, 2010

Easy Saturday


A busy Saturday with a few more people in the house. I wanted something quick and easy, because we were gone most of the day at basketball games. My plan was ham cooked in the slow-cooker, and sandwiches on these potato rolls. I covered the ham with a mixture of brown sugar and mustard, and cooked it all day on low in the slow cooker. My mouth has been watering for these potato rolls, they're really popular in this area.



Later in the day, I noticed I had a jar of Crosse & Blackwell ham glaze leftover from Christmas. After I had added it to the slow-cooker during the last half hour, I decided the ham looked too pretty for just sandwiches, so I made some sides for a more formal dinner. Back to the pantry for some canned sweet potatoes, candied and marshmallowed, and a few roasted red potatoes in olive oil, along with some veggies. We can have the sandwiches tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment