Friday, January 29, 2010

Sweethearts....If It Ain't Broke...

What is up with Sweethearts?



The red bag above is the traditional bag of Sweethearts that we all know and love. The ones that taste like Necco wafers, with pink, orange, yellow, green, purple, and white hearts. I purchased that bag at the $ store. Then I went to Wally World and bought the pink bag. I noticed something different...why the pink bag? Anyway, I was looking for the large conversation hearts to put on top of cupcakes. I have Valentine's Day OCD, ok? Back to the Sweethearts...my faves are the yellow ones...or I like to put one of every color in my mouth for a tutti-frutti flavor. I am still a kid when it comes to candy, just ask my dentist.

Here's the pink bag

notice the colors
pink=strawberry, purple=grape, green=green apple, yellow=lemon, orange=orange, blue=blue raspberry.

What the heck? Did I buy the wrong kind??? I want the "normal" sweethearts, damn it!
Was it a Wal-Mart thing? So off to CVS, and all they had was the new pink bag with the new flavors. Onto the next piece of the puzzle.




Hmmm...both bags are made by the New England Confectionery Company, Revere, Mass.
Well I have a few words for them...I want the Sweethearts that taste like Necco Wafers! So just be careful when you're out buying your Valentine's Day treats...I did your homework for ya! Oh, and if anyone knows where I can buy the oh so rare chocolate sweethearts, let me know...love them too!

Just a few pics of my table...spent less than $30 on the linens, between Target and Kohl's, now I need to work on some red Fiestaware!


No comments:

Post a Comment