Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Gravy


My husband is the breakfast chef...he made this for Zach when he had an early morning practice the day after Christmas. He must have been inspired by those commercials with the happy & sad faces out of ordinary objects.

Sunday is always pasta day, usually spaghetti and meatballs. When I moved to New Jersey, I learned that people here call spaghetti sauce "gravy". I cannot. It will always be just sauce to me. We all have our own favorite recipes for sauce, and I'm always trying to perfect different ones, so I will refrain from posting a "gravy" ;) recipe yet... Today is a busy day, so I will be relying on jarred sauce to make a lasagna. I just use the recipe on the back of the lasagna box, only I add more sauce, cheese, & meat. There, I said it...sauce from a jar...who cares!


Now it's off to a basketball tournament in 50mph winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment