Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow!


I've never had a serious interest in photography, but look at that perfect snowflake I captured this morning! Thank you for the camera, Jimmy!

Since today is my day off (from cooking), I will share with you some of my favorite snowy things in celebration of our huge 1.5" snowfall. I was going to make Cranberry Bliss Bars, but we have too many snacks in this house right now.


These cookies I just opened are from Trader Joe's. We had so many homemade cookies this year, I put off opening them until now, since they have a freshness date of 4/10. They are so good, and the packaging is so cute, you could give these for gifts. Hmmm, maybe I won't bake at all next year. I wish I could go to TJ's more often, but I am 2 hours from the nearest one. We bought these at TJ's Union Square, in Soho on a Sunday afternoon in December...talk about crowded, there was a line at the door just to get in!


Another gift I received from my son's fiancee was this darling ski cap candle from Anthropologie. I haven't burned it yet, because I want to keep him forever! Have you heard the superstition of unburned wicks? A friend of mine told me once a candle comes into your house, you must burn the wick to ward off bad luck. I better get on that right now! So if I ever give you a candle, you'll know it wasn't re-gifted...just sayin'.
Should I take my chances with luck on this guy? I think I will for a little longer, he's just way too cute!



The answer to "Mom, what are we having?" is easy tonight. We are having pizza and subs! Zach has a basketball game at Wildwood Catholic...you just can't beat it...high school basketball with a loud, raucous crowd in a steamy old gym on a cold snowy night, followed by the legendary food right next door at A&LP Pizza.

1 comment:

  1. That snowflake is beautiful!
    I wait for awhile before I burn candles too and I especially would with that adorable one:)

    ReplyDelete