Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tigers #1!


I better do some more catching up...the height of basketball season is my alibi this week.

Monday, January 25, 2010

We were in Vineland for both basketball games (JV & Varsity). A friend gave us the number for Martino's Pizzeria & Trattoria there. It is one of the top five pizzas I have ever eaten. I can't wait until another sporting event takes me to Vineland!



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I should start a taxi service. I was gone for 6 hours, and didn't go more than 6 miles a trip...just sayin'. By the time I arrived back home after running errands for others, I didn't feel like making my normal "meat" on Tuesday. I'd been wanting to try Cooking with Clara's Pasta Faglioli for a few weeks, so I made it, along with crescent roll cheese dogs. The teenager wasn't impressed, but he is way too fickle. It was good stuff.




Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What a night! Both JV & Varsity games were exciting nailbiters, good times, and we won. The Tigers are #1 in the conference! I was quite organized before the 4:30PM tip-off, and made tacos for us to eat when we came in at 8:00.


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Of course it is chicken again. This is a really good go-to recipe for chicken and potatoes.
Here's what you need:
4-6 potatoes, any kind ( I used red today, no peeling)
onion (optional)
4 cloves, garlic, whole
Legs, thighs, or breasts of chicken with skin left on
Olive oil
Oregano
Lemon juice (if you have it)
Salt & pepper


Peel (if necessary) and quarter potatoes and put in a large baking dish, I used a large saute pan today. Add onion and garlic. Place chicken pieces over the top. Generously pour olive oil over all. Season with oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bake covered, at 375 for 2 hours, uncover the pan the last 30 minutes to brown.



I served this with pasta with garlic and oil, ( I know, too much starch, but we like it...everything in moderation) and green beans seasoned with olive oil and lemon juice.


For dessert I made Oatmeal Scotchies, recipe on the back of the butterscotch chips bag. I don't know why they fell apart today, but they are good anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment